BEGINNING OF AN ERA | 2017
- Abdessamad “Abe” Tizaf was hired in June of 2017 as the SMWC men's soccer head coach
- He began an era of the first- ever scholarship men's soccer program in Pomeroy history
- He remained as the women's assistant coach
FIRST SEASON | 2016
- Abdessamad "Abe" Tizaf was hired in March of 2016 as the SMWC women's soccer assistant coach
- Member of KACM in Marrakech, Morocco | Senior League
- Head Men's Soccer Coach at Terre Haute South
- Assistant Coach at Flyers boys soccer club in Terre Haute, Ind.
- B.S in Economics from Pascal Paoli University | 2008
- M.S in Recreation and Sports Management from Indiana State University | 2014
- Has a huge passion for fitness and sports performance
Press Release | May 17, 2017
SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. – Athletic Director Deanna Bradley is proud to announce the hiring of Abdessamad (Abe) Tizaf as the college's first-ever head men's soccer coach.
"We are excited to welcome Abe as our head men's soccer coach," stated athletic director Deanna Bradley. "Abe brings great energy to the position and is very passionate and caring about the holistic experience of his student-athletes. I'm looking forward to working with him as he implements and develops our men's soccer program."
Tizaf will begin preparing for the men's first season of competition, which is scheduled to start in the fall of 2018 as a member of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
"I am truly honored and humbled to join the Athletic staff at SMWC, and I can't thank President Dottie L. King, the Athletic Director Deanna Bradley and the search committee enough for this incredible opportunity," stated Coach Tizaf. "SMWC is a tremendous institution and I know the passion that so many have for the Pomeroy will help bring the community together to reach even greater heights. I am excited to get started and look forward to start building a fantastic Men's soccer program/team."
Tizaf is not new to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. He has served as the women's assistant soccer coach for the 2016-17 season and will continue that role during the 2017-18 campaign.
Prior to coming to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Tizaf was the head boys soccer coach at Terre Haute South High School, where he led the team to a sectional championship in 2015. Abe also played 120 games professionally for KACM in Marrakech, Morocco, as a member of their senior league.
Tizaf earned his B.S. in economics from Pascal Paoli University in 2008 and his M.S. in recreation and sports management from Indiana State in 2014, and an M.S. in Physical Education from Indiana State in December 2016.
Men's soccer at SMWC is the latest addition to SMWC's sports offerings following the college's coed decision back in the spring of 2015. Men's soccer will be joining men's cross country, men's golf and equestrian-western and equestrian hunt seat as the current men's athletic offerings at SMWC.